Wednesday, March 16, 2011

RIP Nate Dogg -- Aug. 19, 1969 - March 15, 2011


News broke last night that the legendary and pioneering G Funk singer Nate Dogg passed away yesterday.

I know I've made light of Nate Dogg's presence in the news over the past few years but my respect, admiration and gratitude for the man and his music can't be expressed in just a simple blog post.

No details about his death have been released yet but Nate did suffer a stroke a few years ago, which is tough to come back from.

No one is perfect, so I hope that instead of his more controversial moments Nate can be remembered for his memorable musical contributions that propelled numerous songs to become lasting, chart-topping hits. To me, he was this generation's TJ Swan. and that's an understatement. Nate's presence on records enhanced them

I will also remember him for his signature silky smooth voice and trademark sleepy, glassy eyes. He will be missed.

Here are but a few of my favorite songs with Nate Dogg:













No comments: