Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mister Cee: The Gay DJ


Well, I'll be!

All this time we've been searching high and low for "the gay rapper" when we should have been looking for the gay DJ!

Or at least that's what I call it when you're being fellated by a member of the same sex, such as was the case last week with the world famous DJ Mister Cee, also known as Big Daddy Kane's DJ as well as the man largely credited with discovering and launching the career of The Notorious B.I.G.

Actually, his list of accomplishments is impressive and shows a life-long dedication to a genre in which he's been an active and pioneering participant since the so-called golden age.

All of which begs the question -- how will Hiphop as a whole react to this startling news?

So far he remains on the air with his popular daily Throwback at Noon show, but there are some notable absences among his few supporters, some of who seemingly agree with the far-fetched theory that Mister Cee is being set up by the NYPD.

But a review of Mister Cee's priors reveals an eerie pattern of soliciting sex, making his alibi almost unbelievable. Almost.

Now, the next question is... who cares? Aside from a severe lapse in judgment, I'm even surprised at myself when I say that I really don't care what this man did/does in his personal time.

I've never heard him say anything negative against gays, so I can't call him a hypocrite. In fact, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever really heard him speak too much at all, aside from with his hands. As a DJ, that is.

And that makes this all the more confusing, because if we as a Hiphop nation accept Mister Cee as a great DJ regardless of his sexual orientation and predilections, then why can we not accept other talented DJs and/or rappers as such? Because we know they exist. And if we don't accept them, won't that make us the same hypocrite that we so desperately want to label Mister Cee as?

I'm going to wait for more facts to come out (no pun), but at first glance the writing on the wall is quite legible and requires no further translation.

No comments: