Monday, August 25, 2008

Faith: "I Cheated on Big But Not With 2Pac"


In her ever growing overall irrelevancy, Faith Evans -- widow of the Notorious B.I.G. and heavily rumored sex slave of 2Pac -- cashed in on exploiting the legacy of two of Hiphop's most revered figures when she agreed to pen her memoirs, a prospect that probably won't inspire the type of 'line around the block' hysteria she and her publisher no doubt envision.

I'm guessing it was either her coke habit or her lack of income (most likely a combination of both factors) that ultimately convinced her to "write" this book.

But my Spidey senses tell me that the release of this book so close to the release of "Notorious," a movie based on the life of B.I.G. due out in about six months, is not a coincidence.

Pages of her book, "Keep the Faith," have leaked online, and in them Faith portrays both B.I.G. and Pac as insecure, abusive hot heads. In one excerpt we find our heroine in 2Pac's hotel room attempting to collect her payment for being featured on one of his songs:

"Look, 'Pac. I just need to get my check and then I have to go..."

"The situation with the money is like this," he said. "If I give it to you, then you my b*tch."

...

"You told me it wouldn't be a problem," I said. "The only reason why I came up here is because you said--"

"So you not trying to suck my d*ck?"

"What!" I screamed. "What are you talking about?"

Tupac raised his voice. "You know you want to suck my d*ck, b*tch! Don't f*cking lie." I burst into tears and grabbed my purse. "I have to get out of here."
Then, she turns her attention to B.I.G., who has just heard the rumor that 2Pac had sex with his wife:

Within hours, he called my hotel room. "What the f*ck is going on?" he screamed.

"Listen, I don't know what you heard but--"

"You f*cking with Tupac?"

"Hell no," I yelled. "I told you I did a song with him."

"And then what happened? he asked.

"Nothing! I swear to God nothing happened."

...

Big hung up on me. I paced the hotel room for a while, trying to gather my thoughts. I had to think of how I would reassure Big that nothing happened with 'Pac. I hadn't been completely innocent. While I was in Los Angeles, I'd had sex occasionally with Terry Dollars. And I'd even seen Roger, the NBA player, a few times when he was in town. So technically, I had cheated on Big. But not with Tupac.
The chapter goes on to describe how BIG kicked in the door (unfortunately not waving the 4-4) and snatched up Faith and pushed her to the ground, screaming and cursing at her.

2Pac's group "The Outlaws" issued their own response to finding out about the book:

Let me start off by saying that this is not an attempt to fight Tupac’s battles. Over the past twelve years there have been numerous articles, books, DVD’s, movies, interviews, etc about Pac and his life. We normally do not speak nor comment on shit because it’s really not worth it and we all have better things to do than argue with idiots.

But recently I heard about a book by Faith Evans and there is an excerpt released to the media in which she portrays Tupac as some sort of sick gorilla pimp or sex offender. Of course Ms. Evans wants you, the reader, to see her as the victim, even though she admits to cheating on her husband with not one but two different men at the same time; but Tupac wasn’t one of them? Of course!

Look none of us was there when it happened but I know what Pac told us and Pac was a lot of things, but a liar he was not.

I am sure the publishers would not have cut her the check if my homies’ name was not in the book, so I understand her dilemma. But it is cowardice to make such an allegation when he isn’t even here to defend himself.

Would she be saying this if Pac or Biggie was alive? Too bad we’ll never know. What we do know is that times must be hard for the former “First Lady of BadBoy” if she has to stoop to these levels to sell books.

And while I am in no way a fan of 2Pac the rapper, and while I do always refer to the fact that Pac died a convicted sex offender, I must say that I don't believe that Pac, while he was famous, ever had to force any woman into any sexual situation of any kind.

I guarantee that Faith will announce plans for a new album soon after the release of this book on Friday.

The publicity stunts in the Hiphop and R&B worlds need to stop because they are pitiful and embarrassing to everybody involved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'M A RASTA AND I KNOW U DROPPED A CEMENT BLOCK ON MY GIRLS FOOT...I"M GOING TO SEE YOU AND KNOCK YOU OUT YOU TIMB MOCS!